We are preferred providers on most plans in the Tri-City area but it is your responsibility as the patient to contact your insurance carrier to confirm coverage and possible need for a referral before visiting our office.
We are currently participating with the following insurance networks:
- Asuris Northwest Health
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Community Health Plan of WA
- Coordinated Care
- First Choice Health
- Humana (Referral may be required depending on your plan)
- Lifewise Health Plan of Washington
- Lifewise Health Plan of Oregon
- Moda (First Choice Health Network)
- Molina Healthcare
- Premera Blue Cross
- Regence BS
- United Healthcare/TRICARE
- Medicaid (Washington Apple Health)
- Washington Labor & Industries(L&I)
The following plans will require referrals:
- Kaiser Permanente (Options PPO and Access PPO)
- United Healthcare Charter plans
- United Healthcare Navigate plans
We are currently an out-of-network provider for the following:
- Kaiser Permanente (CORE/HMO/Managed Care)
- Moda Health (Connexus plans)
We will bill your insurance carrier as a courtesy for you, please help us by:
- Bring your insurance card at the time of visit
- Contact your insurance company to confirm the following:
- What is included in your benefits
- What co-pays, co-insurances, and deductables you are responsible for
- If our office participates in your plan and if there are any out-of-network fees
- If you need a referral from your primary care physician
All patients we will be billing insurance for will need to place a credit card on file. Please see our Financial Policy.
We are required to have on file a copy of your insurance card in order to bill your insurance carrier for services rendered during an appointment. If we do not have this information then you are solely responsible for all charges incurred. Payment in full is then due before you leave the office. Once we receive appropriate insurance documentation, we will bill your insurance carrier and you will be refunded any overage amount that the insurance carrier does not pay.
Some insurance carriers require that a patient obtain a referral from their primary care physician in order for the insurance to pay for care by a specialist physician. Most insurance carriers do not require a referral, but if yours does it is your responsibility to ensure that the referral is in effect prior to visiting our office.
To get a referral you must contact your primary care physician's office. They will submit a Referral Request to your insurance carrier. This does not mean that you have an approved referral, your insurance carrier must process and approve your referral before you visit the specialist. Do not assume this referral is approved until you have confirmation from your insurance carrier. If you are not sure about approval, contact your insurance carrier or check the carrier's website.